Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The Awkward First Day

So I had my first day of freshman orientation two days ago and let’s just say that it was not what I expected it to be. We (as in my college roommate Cassidy and I), went to orientation at 8 o’clock in the morning. As far as we knew that was the time we were told to check in, but no. Check in STARTED at 8 and went until 9:15ish. Can I get an UGH. I had to wait in the gym with my group I was assigned to, who apparently don't have vocal chords or the ability to speak because NO ONE SPOKE, anyway we sat on the hard wooden bleachers for eternity it felt like. I soon figured out that my butt bones were actually existent from the pain that was introduced throughout my booty. You know, big butt probs. Anyway, my ambassadors asked me where I was from and that was it. They weren’t very sociable in my opinion. No one was. Most ambassadors are getting paid to be happy and friendly and smile at people and MAYBE ACTUALLY TALK but NOOOO not my ambassadors. They just had to make every situation the most awkward that they possibly could. But that’s okay. I live for awkward moments. It’s in mah blood. So bt dubs, if you ain’t about that awkward moment life with the ehhhhh’s and the weird comments that consistently flow from my personal being, then you ain’t about this juicy delicious life. SO DUECES!! Yeah, I went there. EH? See... did I make that awkward enough for you? But yeah. That dueces comment is something I don’t usually let slip. I learned it from the wonderful DELTORO. He was the motivational speaker at orientation. He kept on saying that, so it’s stuck in my head to be honest. He really was quite motivational to everyone else but me. Maybe if I wasn’t so exhausted from unpacking the night before I would have enjoyed myself a tiny bit more but I wasn’t about that “CAN I GET AN OH YEAH?!” life that he could not seem to contain inside his little, energetic body of his.
Well there was that. I then went to a "meeting" thingy that was supposed to help me find a job here at good old Snow College, but no...again. I looked, I applied, in search of a perfect job to get me ready to be social with people because social work is what I am planning to major in, maybe, maybe not. WHO REALLY KNOWS?! You're supposed to find that stuff out while your here aren't you?! I might switch my major 60 BAJILLION times, but I'll get there. Patience Devree. Breath in, breath out. GAH. College is a stressful reality at the moment so bear with me. ANYWAY my tangents are off the chain right now. So I didn't get a job. Hopefully I will later in the year. Crossing my fingers. 
Then there was lunch. So if there is one thing you need to know about Cass, is that she can't have gluten, ever. So now she always offers me her cookies or bread or whtever, and let me tell ya, the freshman 15 is real right now. Thanks Cass, love ya. HAHAH LIFE IS GREAT. We sat underneath some lovely shade in the wood chips with a nice supply of dead wasps laying all around us. So worth it (it was the only shade left, it was too hot outside),  BUT BESIDES THAT, we met some lovely guys that were ambassadors. Oh swoon. College guys are so much more respectful than high schools (boys) *cough cough* Or maybe we lucked out and met some pretty good ones that day. It was probably because I found a lucky penny under my mattress when I was moving in. Hmmmm... So later that night those guys came to our apartment to play cards. It was a pretty good day. 
Sincerely, ~College Devree

No comments:

Post a Comment